Skip to content

Student Teaching

Student teaching is seen as the culminating field experience. Course work must be verified by your department advisor.

An advisory meeting must be made one (1) semester prior to the semester in which you plan to register. Here are the steps you must follow:

  1. Schedule a meeting with your advisor after you have secured a DARS REPORT to make sure that your grade requirements are met. Remember that you cannot have an incomplete grade or a grade below C in your license program course work.
  2. You will be notified by your clinical supervisor of your student teaching placement.
  3. When you register for a field practicum, expect to pay an additional fee of $50.00 for that experience.

When you register for student teaching, expect to pay an additional fee of $125.00 for that experience.

If you need additional information about student teaching, see the clinical instructor, the department advisor or the area coordinator in your license area:

Undergraduate and Graduate Student Teaching

Mild/Moderate Disabilities:  Julia Fleming • 801-585-5526 
Severe Disabilities:  Shamby Polychronis • 801-581-8034
Preschool Special Education/EI:  Audrey Robbins • 801-581-3080
Deaf & Hard of Hearing:  Nicole Pilling • 801-581-5923 
Visual Impairments:  Chris Bischke • 801-585-3925

Graduate Only Student Teaching

Deafblind:  Sarah Ivy • 801-213-8555
BCBA:  Rob O’Neill • 801-581-3913

Last Updated: 4/28/23